Monday, April 2, 2007

We have a Wii

We stood in line at Toys R Us at 8 Am on Saturday Morning. The flyer on Friday said that they would have 20 Nintendo Wii's in and we really wanted one...so we were standing there. In front of us was a strange teenager, not really sure what is up with him but he was strange. Behind us was a youngish mom with a 5 year old boy who wanted a Wii. he was bored and the mom said that she should have brought his Nintendo DS but he said he lost it. She asked if he looked near his Gamecube. Jacqui couldn't believe that a 5 year old needed a Wii since he had a DS and a Gamecube. Spoiled Kid!

Well when the store opened at 9:30, we got into the store but we had to re-line ourselves up again to get into the electronic area of the store. I think they should have a ticket system so they don't have that kind of mad rush. A worker said that we were number 12 so the people behind us were happy, until he miscounted. We got the Last Wii system..Jacqui is happy that he bratty 5 year old didn't get one.

It is kinda cool what they do there. They put it in a bag then they heat seal it so you can't put anything else in there. I missed that as I had to work at 10 and I left Jacqui to finish up at Toys R Us.














Well I got off work at 6 and we ordered Chinese Food and came home...Time to set up the Wii and give it a shot.

All I can say is that it is better then I would have expected. Very cool features including the Internet with Opera web browser, Mii's to create and other channels like the Weather and News for your City. We're still playing with the games we have ( Wii Sports and Wii Play) so we'll improve with time. (I still suck at tennis but my bowling game is getting better)

Here is Jacqui playing Golf ( Mind the living room as we pushed stuff around for an area to play)

1 comment:

Zack said...

You'll have to invite us over for an evening of Wii. ;)

My dad and Nigel were in town last weekend and he brought his Wii with him, speaking of spoiled kids. Anyways the Wii was completely different from any other video game I've ever played. Very fun once you get used to it.

P.S. Nice blog, good idea to have a blog together.